Grilled Scallop Pizza
Submitted By: Erin MacKirdy
Recipe Author: Erin MacKirdy
Servers approximately: 1-2 people
Chef Ginzu Difficulty Level (1 blade = easy; 5 blades = very difficult): 1 blades
- Pizza dough, if you don’t want to make your own go to your favorite pizza joint and ask them to sell you some dough.
- Nantucket bay scallop’s
- Pizza sauce, I usually make my own
- Fontina cheese
- Corn meal
Chef Ginzu Notes:
- I have a pizza pan made for the grill I used for this. I spray it down with some Pam first and then place the dough on the pan, add my ingredients and cook it per below instructions.
- I wasn’t sure how much or what form of Fontina to use so I used approximately ¼ lb of thinly sliced/chopped Fontina
- I wasn’t sure how much Prosciutto to use so I used about 4 very thin slices I chopped up
- I used about ¼ lb of the scallops but maybe just slightly less would be good
- When grilling your pizza, turn down the burners the pizza dough is over to low and keep the others on high so you don’t burn your crust but keep the grill temp high
- Use the cornmeal on the bottom of your cutting board so that the pizza does not stick to it when you are sliding it onto the grill.
- To assemble the pizza coat it with pizza sauce, add the scallop’s, cheese and procuttio.
- Add a little olive oil to the outside of the pizza, and place it on the grill till the scollop’s are cooked and the pizza is firm.
- Once done take it off the grill and add the arugula and pomegranates, salt and pepper.
- Then enjoy it. Its simple and it is delicious.