- Idaho Potato
- Spicy Sopressata
- Asiago Cheese shredded
- Swiss Cheese (Thin slices)
- olive oil
- Slice the potatoes to about 1/4 inch thickness
- Soak in cold water for about 15-30 minutes (this step is optional. It pulls out the starch from the potato and allows it to crisp up a bit better)
- Meanwhile, using thin slices of Sopressata cut short strips and pan fry for a few minutes till desired crispiness. I like them a bit on the crispier side but just as good less crispy.
- Remove the potatoes from the water and pat dry with towel/paper towels
- Season with salt and pepper
- pan fry in olive oil till nice an brown on both sides
- remove potatoes from pan and place on paper towels to help soak up the excess grease
- In a glass dish (or can put on a sheet pan, but I find the glass dish works well to prevent sticking). Start stacking the potatoes and in between each potato, alternating the shredded Asiago cheese and the Sopressata. The stacking should proceed as follows: 1) potato 2) Asiago cheese 3) potato 4) Sopressata 5) Potato 6) Asiago cheese 7) potato 8) Sopressata 9) potato 10) Asiago cheese and Sopressata together
- Place Swiss cheese slice over top so it drapes over the sides of the stack. you may have to trip the edges so they aren’t lying flat against the pan. If you need to do this, just place the trimmings on top of the stack.
- Bake at 375 till cheese is nice and melted.